Task of the Month for Reducing Household Energy Use.
This program will help you save money on your utility bills, by implementing conservation and efficiency practices. The main tasks are listed below, but alternate tasks are included in the program in case you have already completed some of these or, for whatever reason, are unable to do so.
- January: Improve your water heater
- February: Insulate your water pipes
- March: Install a programmable thermostat
- April: Install faucet aerators
- May: Air dry your laundry
- June: Raise your thermostat setting
- July: Switch to efficient lighting
- August: Weatherize windows and doors
- September: Seal attic air leaks
- October: Increase attic insulation
- November: Lower your thermostat setting
- December: Decrease “phantom” energy
When you sign up for this program, you will be added to the mailing list for the next month’s task. Near the beginning of each month, you’ll receive an email describing the task, why it’s important, and where you can go for help or more information.
Completing this 12-month course of action can significantly decrease your energy bills. Actual results will depend upon current usage, the size of your house, how your house was built, the weather, and other factors.